October 31, 2009

The birth of the blog...

I always liked blogging. I did it a lot on MySpace back when MySpace was cool and people actually went there.

Then came Facebook. Facebook was cool for a while, and then it started dawning on me that nobody really cares "what I'm thinking" (at least I assume that's the Facebook question in English... I always Facebooked in Italian and the question is "cosa stai pensando"), much less "what I'm doing right now" (à la Twitter), and if they did care they could call me/text me/email me/IM me and ask. I'm really not that difficult to contact. I've come to think of Facebook mostly as a vehicle for sharing photos, and I think there are alternatives for that which I intend to be exploring here pretty soon. (Flickr, Picasa... these are words I have heard.)

But I still like blogging, and I no longer have a MySpace, so this blog was born. I figure I'll e-mail the address of the blog to people who might actually bother to read it, and if nobody does that's fine with me, but at least I won't be forcing my trivial bits of madness down society's collective craw like one does with Facebook. But here I can write and if you don't like it, stop reading.

So here's the rules, kids!

#1) I refuse to censor myself in my own blog. I'm going to say/write whatever I'm thinking, and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. I will endeavor not to name names to protect the guilty parties if I'm having a particularly vicious rant, but that's the most censoring you'll get out of me.
#2) If you read something you didn't like, don't bother posting irritated comments at me. Your fault for reading it. Such comments will be moderated right off the blog.
#3) Should I happen to post in a non-English language that you cannot read, don't come crying to me. See rule #1 and realize that sometimes I don't think in English. Don't worry... whatever I wrote was likely not important and likely not directed at you.
#4) Posts will be sporadic. They may occur every day, twice daily, or weeks in between. If you get tired of checking just to see if I wrote anything (assuming you actually care), subscribe or something. There's probably a button for that, but I'm new here so I don't really know.
#5) I like black and purple. Deal with it.
#6) I like rock music. Again, deal with it. I will get a music player on here eventually, and it will be noisy. You can find the stop button, I'm sure.

With that being said, enjoy my little world and your trip through the dark and scary corners of my mind. Here... have your own personal tour guide:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment/rude remark/aimless musings here: